ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. Separate sealed bids will be received by the Douglas County School District care of Douglas County Project Manager, Minden, Nevada, for the work as set forth in the Bid Documents for the CVMS HVAC Renovations. The bids shall be received on or before 10:00am December 20, 2023, at Douglas County School District Office, 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. Bids will be subsequently opened and read aloud at 10:01am at Douglas County School District Office. 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. The apparent successful low bidder will be announced at the bid opening on December 20, 2023, followed by a thorough review by the District to ensure bid as responsive and responsible. The District will make a recommendation for award to the Board of Trustees on December 20, 2023. It is anticipated that the Board of Douglas County School District will consider award of the contract at their meeting held on January 9, 2024.
2. The scheduled work for the CVMS HVAC Renovations is located at 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville, NV and consists of Removal of existing HVAC systems and modified system improvements. The estimate for this work is $1,313.950.
3. No proposal will be considered unless accompanied by a bid security in the form of a Certified or Cashier’s Check, or Bid Bond, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the bid.
4. Bid Documents may be examined on the Douglas County School District website.
5. Copies of the Bid Documents will be available starting at 8:00 am November 15, 2023 & may be obtained at the Douglas County School District’s website for free at:
under Construction Bid Documents and the heading entitled CVMS HVAC Renovations. The minimum licensing requirement is set forth by the Nevada State Contractors Board, the contractor must be capable of being bonded for this project. Contractors may register their intent to submit a bid by sending an email to Scott McCullough, Project Manager at email@example.com (SUBJECT LINE CVMS HVAC Renovations) prior to December 15, 2023. Registration as a digital subscriber is necessary to receive notifications via email to the project from the Owner’s website where all documents and addenda will be posted.
6. Douglas County School District contact: Scott McCullough,
Phone: (775) 790-5212
7. The Prevailing Wage Rate as established by the State Labor Commission shall be paid on projects with a contract price of $100,000 or more. The State Labor Commissioner has assigned Public Works Project Number to this project, it is DO-2024-079.
8. NRS 338.147 provides for a 5 percent bidder preference to bidders who qualify for the preference. The requirements for the preference are detailed in the contract documents.
9. A prebid conference will be held for this project on December 4, 2023, at 2:30 pm on site at 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville.
10. The project will require a building permit prior to construction.
Douglas County School District
Phil Demus, Director of Facilities
Dated: November 15, 2023
Pub Date: November 15, 18, 2023 Ad # 38423