ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. Separate sealed bids will be received by the Douglas County School District care of Douglas County Project Manager, Minden, Nevada, for the work as set forth in the Bid Documents for the DHS HVAC Renovations. The bids shall be received on or before 10:00am December 16, 2022 at Douglas County School District Office, 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. Bids will be subsequently opened and read aloud at 10:01am at Douglas County School District Office, 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. The apparent successful low bidder will be announced at the bid opening on December 16, 2022, followed by a thorough review by the District to ensure bid as responsive and responsible. The District will make a recommendation for award to the Board of Trustees on December 23, 2022. It is anticipated that the Board of Douglas County School District will consider award of the contract at their scheduled meeting
held on January 10, 2023.
2. The scheduled work for the DHS HVAC Renovations is located at 1588 SR 88, Minden NV and consists of Removal of existing HVAC systems and modified system improvements. The estimate for this work is $833,070.
3. No proposal will be considered unless accompanied by a bid security in the form of a Certified or Cashier’s Check, or Bid Bond, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the bid.
4. Bid Documents may be examined on the Douglas County School District website.
5. Copies of the Bid Documents will be available starting at 8:00 am November 2, 2022 & may be obtained at the Douglas County School District’s website for free at: https://dcsd.net/pf4/cms2/view_ page?d=x&group_id=1537427840345&vdid=pi21dd2099gio under Construction Bid Documents and the heading entitled DHS HVAC Renovations.
The minimum licensing requirement is set forth by the Nevada State Contractors Board, the contractor must capable of being bonded for this project. Contractors may register their intent to submit a bid by sending an email to Scott McCullough, Project Manager at smccullough@ douglasnv.us (SUBJECT LINE DHS HVAC Renovations) prior to December 9, 2022. Registration as a digital subscriber is necessary to receive notifications via email to the project from the Owner’s website where all documents and addenda will be posted.
6. Douglas County School District contact:
Scott McCullough, Project Manager Phone: (775) 790-5212
7. The Prevailing Wage Rate as established by the State Labor Commission shall be paid on projects with a contract price of $100,000 or more. The State Labor Commissioner has assigned Public Works Project Number to this project, it is DO-2023-085.
8. NRS 338.147 provides for a 5 percent bidder preference to bidders who qualify for the preference. The requirements for the preference are detailed in the contract documents.
9. A prebid conference will be held for this project on December 1, 2022 at 3:00pm on site at 1670 State Route 88, Minden.
10. The project will require permit prior for construction.
Douglas County School District
By: __/s/______________________ Dated: 10/18/2022
Phil Demus, Director of Facilities
Pub Date: November 2, 5, 2022 Ad # 28733
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment