ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. Separate sealed bids will be received by the Douglas County School District care of Douglas County Project Manager, Minden, Nevada, for the work as set forth in the Bid Documents for the Painting Maintenance Project 2023. The bids shall be received on or before 10:00 am March 30, 2023 at Douglas County School District Office, 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. Bids will be subsequently opened and read aloud at 10:01 at Douglas County School District Office, 1638 Mono Avenue, Minden, NV 89423. The apparent successful low bidder will be announced at the bid opening on March 30, 2023, followed by a thorough review by the District to ensure bid as responsive and responsible. The District will make a recommendation for award to the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2023. It is anticipated that the Board of Trustees for the Douglas County School District will consider award of the contract at their scheduled meeting held on April 11, 2023.
2. The scheduled work for the Painting Maintenance Project 2023 is located at Douglas High School, 1580 SR 88 Minden and Carson Valley Middle School, 1477 HWY 395 Garnerville and consists of exterior masonry maintenanace and repainting a building exterior . The estimate for this work is $65,000,00.
3. No proposal will be considered unless accompanied by a bid security in the form of a Certified or Cashier’s Check, or Bid Bond, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the bid.
4. Bid Documents may be examined on the Douglas County School District website.
5. Copies of the Bid Documents will be available starting at February 1, 2023 & may be obtained at the Douglas County School District’s website for free at: https://dcsd1-nv.schoolloop.com/pf4/cms2/view_ page?d=x&group_id=1537427840345&vdid=pi21dd2099gio under Construction Bid Documents and the heading entitled Painting Maintenance Project 2023.
The minimum licensing requirement is set forth by the Nevada State Contractors Board, the contractor must capable of being bonded for this project. Contractors may register their intent to submit a bid by sending an email to Scott McCullough, Project Manager at smccullough@ douglasnv.us (SUBJECT LINE Painting Maintenance Project 2023) prior to March 23, 2023. Registration as a digital subscriber is necessary to receive notifications via email to the project from the Owner’s website where all documents and addenda will be posted.
6. Douglas County School District contact:
Scott McCullough, Project Manager Phone: (775) 790-5212
7. The Prevailing Wage Rate as established by the State Labor Commission shall be paid on projects with a contract price of $100,000 or more. The State Labor Commissioner has not assigned Public Works Project Number to this project.
8. NRS 338.147 provides for a 5 percent bidder preference to bidders who qualify for the preference. The requirements for the preference are detailed in the contract documents.
9. A prebid conference will be held on February 23, 2023 at 11:00am at Douglas High School, when complete travel to Carson Valley Middle School
Douglas County School District
By: __/s/______________________ Dated: 02/01/2023
Phil Demus, Director of Facilities
Pub Date: February 1, 4, 2023 Ad # 30930
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment