• Free weight-loss seminar to prepare for the Great American Weight Loss Challenge, 7 p.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, Carson City, featuring Dr. Rhonda Henry. Reservations, call 315-2900.
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meeting from 6-8 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School. Topic is fire safe landscaping, presented by JoAnne Skelly of UNR Cooperative Extension. Call Margie Evans at 720-0162.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ted Short on the V&T Railroad at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Prostate Cancer Screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• "When There is no Longer Hope for the Body, There's Hope for the Patient," a hospice overview presented at 10:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Chaplain Marilynn Uhart of St. Mary's Hospice is speaker. Call 883-0703.
• Meet the Artist reception and display, 5 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way, featuring Nanette Oleson. Call 882-2111.
• "The V&T and its Narrow Gauge Connections" presentation at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., by Mike Collins. Free, open to the public. Call 687-6953.
• Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show through Sunday at Reno/Stead AFB, Stead. Features daily races in several classes, U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force's Snowbirds, static display, food and product vendors and more. Tickets visit www.airrace.org or ticketmaster.com.
• Prostate cancer screening in Minden by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Prostate cancer screening at The Adams House, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• Tin Cup Tea and Chuckwagon Barbecue, 6Ð10 p.m. at the Governor's Mansion. Dance to David John & the Comstock Cowboys, view exhibits on MacKay Tiffany silver, historic fashions, buggies & Nevada mineral specimens; bid on auction treasures; benefits W.M. Keck Museum and Nevada State Museum. Advance reservations required; tickets $45; call 687Ð4810, ext. 222.
• Salsas Dinner Gala, 6 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, 211 W. Ninth St. Awards will be given communitywide to youth, individual in the community, organization, NHS employee and Hall of Fame person. Includes Salsa dancing demonstration, silent auction, food and more. Tickets at Sugar Pine Cove, 1087 S. Carson St., $30 per person or $300 for table of eight. Call 885-1055.
• Salsa Y Salsas Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., a free family friendly event with the flavor of Hispanic culture. Includes folkloric dancers, food vendors, artists, live music, salsa dancing and salsa-tasting contests, at the Legislative Plaza. Call 885-1055 or 887-1294.
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church bingo and friendship, noon at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Doors open at 11 a.m., early bingo at 11:30. Cash and raffle prizes offered, must be 21 to play. Concessions available; call 882-1967.