• Carson City Board of Supervisors meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge 42 meet at 6 p.m. at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, corner of Saliman Road and Highway 50 East. Call 883-1710
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Prostate cancer screening in Minden by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Douglas County Commissioners meeting, 1:30 p.m. in the courtroom of the County Administration building, 175 Highway 50 E., Stateline. Call 782-9821.
• International Footprint Association Carson Valley Chapter 72 meets at 6 p.m. at the Casino Fandango. Guest speaker is Connie Richardson, domestic violence coordinator. Call 783-9759 or 267-4355.
• Dog 'n Butterfly perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
• Misfits Theater Group casting call for "The Drunkard," 7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Library, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call Carol Bauer, 246-9622.
• Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show at Reno/Stead AFB, Stead through Sunday. Features daily races in several classes, U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force's Snowbirds, static display, food and product vendors and more. Tickets visit www.airrace.org or ticketmaster.com.
• Prostate cancer screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• Tin Cup Tea and Chuckwagon Barbecue, 6Ð10 p.m. at the Governor's Mansion. Dance to the music of David John & the Comstock Cowboys, view exhibits on Mackay Tiffany silver, historic fashions within the mansion, buggies and Nevada mineral specimens; bid on unique auction treasures; funds raised benefit W.M. Keck Museum and Nevada State Museum. Advance reservations required; tickets $45; call Holly at 687Ð4810, ext. 222.
• Salsas Dinner Gala, 6 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, 211 W. Ninth St. Awards will be given communityÐwide to youth, individual in the community, organization, NHS employee and Hall of Fame person. Includes Salsa dancing demonstration, silent auction, food and more. Tickets at Sugar Pine Cove, 1087 S. Carson St., $30 per person or $300 for table of eight. Call 885-1055. Salsa Y Salsas Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Legislative Plaza.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Blues Night theme features live music by Deja Blues Band, food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• "The Foreigner," a comedy presented Proscenium Players Inc., 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, seniors and students; $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• Disabled American Veterans "Vans for Vets" Poker Run for motorcycle and car enthusiasts. Register from 9Ð11 a.m. at Carson City HarleyÐDavidson, 2749 N. Carson St. Fee of $15 includes barbecue, extra hands $5. Proceeds to DAV Van Fund. Call 841Ð3655 or HarleyÐDavidson at 882Ð7433.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746Ð5024.
• Salsa Y Salsas Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., a free family- friendly event with the flavor of Hispanic culture. Includes folkloric dancers, food vendors, artists, live music, salsa dancing and salsa tasting contests, at the Legislative Plaza. Call 885-1055 or 887-1294.
• National Support our Troops Day, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Legislative Plaza, South Carson Street. Bring American flags, signs, anything to show thanks to the troops. Visit www.calltothenation.com or call 882-1425.