LAS VEGAS - A Clark County grand jury will decide if the suspects in a string of brazen casino robberies should also be charged with murdering two armored car guards.
Even if prosecutors didn't seek a grand jury indictment, police believe they have enough evidence to charge Jose Vigoa, 40, and Oscar Cisneros Sanchez, 23, with murder, Henderson Police Capt. Richard Perkins told the Las Vegas Sun.
Clark County Deputy District Attorney Frank Coumou said Friday that using a grand jury is a faster method of charging suspects. He said he hasn't ruled out just booking the pair and going through a preliminary hearing, but then added he will likely take the case to a grand jury in the next week or two.
The March 3 armored car heist that escalated into a shootout left guards Richard F. Sosa, 47, and Gary Dean Prestidge II, 23, dead in the parking lot of a Henderson shopping center.
Vigoa and Sanchez have been suspects in the homicides since their June 7 arrest in the $160,000 Bellagio hotel-casino robbery.
Last week, Vigoa and Sanchez were bound over for trial on charges related to the Bellagio robbery.
They also face charges in the armored car robberies outside the MGM Grand, Desert Inn and Mandalay Bay hotel-casinos and a holdup inside the New York-New York hotel-casino.
A third suspect in the Henderson slayings and the robberies has not been identified.