The following information applies to the period of June 13-19:
Due to improvements at the wastewater treatment plant, Butti Way will be closed between East Fifth Street and Airport Road beginning Monday. The road is not expected to be open to traffic until July 5. Traffic will be required to use detour routes.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. p.m. weekdays for the following roads:
• South Edmonds Drive between Fairview Drive and South Lompa Drive.
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive.
• South Lompa Drive from South Edmonds Drive to Grandville Drive
The Taste of Downtown special event will cause the following roads to be closed on Saturday from 5:30 p.m.-midnight:
• West Telegraph Street from Carson Street to Nevada Street.
• North Curry Street from King Street to Spear Street.
• West Proctor Street from Carson Street to Curry Street.
• West Third Street from Carson Street to Curry Street.
On Wednesday, West Musser Street will be closed from Carson Street to Curry Street to place a permanent pavement patch following utility work. The road will be closed from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Due to a recent crash at the intersection of East Fifth Street and South Roop Street, the traffic signal located at the southeast corner of the intersection was removed. Traffic control devices currently in place will remain in place until the new signal is installed. Drivers are asked to use caution in this area.
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the Nevada Department of Transportation freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen by November.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.