• Stay indoors as much as possible.
• Keep windows closed at night to prevent pollens from drifting into your home.
• Wash bedding regularly.
• Minimize early morning activity when the greatest pollen is emitted.
• Keep car windows closed when traveling.
• Try to stay indoors when the pollen count or humidity is reported to be high and on windy days when dust and pollen are blown about.
• Take a vacation during the height of the pollen season to a more pollen-free area, such as the beach or sea.
• Take medications prescribed by your allergist/immunologist regularly, in the recommended dosage.
• Don't mow lawns or be around freshly cut grass, or rake leaves; this stirs up pollens and molds.
• Shower and wash hair before going to bed.
• Keep home extra-clean.
• Keep air conditioner filters clean.
On the Net
American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology: www.aaaai.org