• Drop off bottled water at Irwin Union Bank, 1717 E. College Parkway, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The water will then be flown to New Orleans by Fed Ex. Call Debbie Nolan at 886-5907
• Carson City Democrats meet at 7 p.m. at 709 E. Robinson St. Topic is how to best support public education. Call 841-3367.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, produce, art, flowers and plants. Call 782Ð9828.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Class/workshop on preserving photos and memories in albums, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, Jobs Peak room. Free; bring 3-4 photos for practice. Make it/take it workshop $5. Call 885-8230.
• Capital Branch of the American Association of University Women membership and welcome-back mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Call Lillian Hack at 841-6467 or Margie Evans, 883-8918.
• Public meeting on Fuels, hosted by BLM, Carson City Fire Department and UNR Cooperative Extension, 7-8 p.m. at BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 885-6107.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features fresh produce, crafts. Call 246Ð5296.
• High Desert Horsemen general meeting, 7 p.m. at Stagecoach Community Center. Call 629-0817.
• Senior Games 2005 is open to people age 50 years and over through Sept. 17. Activities will be held in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville and Carson City, hosted by the Douglas County Senior Center. There will be a variety of competitive events including golf, weightlifting, track and field, tennis, bowling, basketball and many other sporting events. Call 783Ð6455.
• Brewery Arts Center's 13th annual Beer Tasting Auction, 5:30 p.m. at 511 W. King St. Features food, wine, live auction, beer from 10 Northern Nevada distributors, bands and more. Free admission; tasting glass $15 (must be 21 years of age); barbecue $5 adults, $3 children 11-younger. Call 883-1976.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. '60s and '70s Rock and Roll night theme features live music by Break Even; food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• 46th annual Camel Races in Virginia City, 10 a.m. at rodeo arena through Sunday. Call 847Ð0311.
• Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno through Sunday. Friday Mass Ascension at 6:45 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, 5 a.m. Visit www.renoballoon.com or call 826Ð1181.
• Carson City musician Jackie Maye and other entertainers will present a concert at 10 a.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Requested donation is $10 to benefit the disaster relief. Call 882-9571.
• Red Rose Musical Productions and Piper's Opera House daylong event to benefit the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Musical guests include: American Phlats Band, Red Rose, Rhythm Doctors, Jeff Bloyd, Stoan E. Pickens and many more. Requested donations of $5. Contact Sheree Rose at 847-7150.