• Through Friday: Explorations for the Young Naturalist, Children's Summer Nature Series at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Limited to 20 students; pre-registration required. Cost $5 per day for supplies, or $20 for the week; 2-3:30 p.m. each day. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Mile High Jazz Band performs from 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5 general, $4 members of Mile High Jazz Band Association, free 18-younger. Swing dance instruction from 6-7:30 p.m., $5. Call 883-4154.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ann Bryant on "The Truth about Black Bears (Paws)" at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• July 20 Ð Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at V&T Railroad Grade. Take Coombs Canyon Road west, turn right on dirt road opposite Murphy Drive. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele's, 1112 N. Carson St.
• United Methodist Women's Annual Ice Cream Social, 6-8 p.m. at the church, 412 W. Musser St., line forms at Musser Street entrance. Includes homemade pies, cakes and ice cream, hot dogs available. Prices vary; live entertainment by the Capitol City Band. Call 882-1436.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246-5296.
• Whistlin' Billy train exhibit opening reception, 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. Call 687-6953.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Author Adam Rosenbaum book signing, 5-6 p.m. at The Book Den, 1328 Highway 395, Suite 305, Gardnerville. Call 783-1100.
• July 22-24 Ð Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Call 687-6953.
• July 22-24 Ð Carson City/Storey County 4-H and Youth Fair at Carson City Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall at Fuji Park, 601 Old Clear Creek Road. Free admission; 4-7 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Call 784-4848.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Allstar Race Truck Series and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• High Desert Horsemen Arena Sale, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Camelot Ranch and Arena, 11625 Highway 50, Stagecoach. Horse gear and household items and lunch available. Call 629-9197.
• Artown presents Paramount's LaserSpectacular featuring the music of Pink Floyd at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $22, $11; call 789-2285.
• Sunday Concerts in the Park features the Mile High Jazz Band, 5 p.m. at the Legislative Plaza, free. Call 687-7410.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577-2069.
• Free program by Neal Cobb and Jerry Fenwick celebrating the 100th anniversary of Sparks, 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Kel Aiken on "The V&T - Then and Now" at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. Silver Saddle Ranch. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers. Call 782-9828.