The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in court:
• Nestor Lopez-Romero, 22, was taken into custody at a South Carson Street motel at 1:29 a.m. for allegedly making a half-dozen false 911 calls for help on his cell phone. Calls included false reports of an officer shot and a woman with her throat cut. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. He was taken into custody outside a downtown casino and held in lieu of $3,500 bail.
• A 23-year-old Reno man was stopped at Graves and Sherman after making a U-turn against the light at 2:39 a.m. Saturday. He was charged with DUI, open container, no driver's license and no proof of insurance. Bail set at $2,700.
• Maria Lorena Garcia, 19, charged with embezzlement Friday by her employer. Bail set at $15,000.
• A 28-year-old Carson City woman charged with DUI drugs after a parking lot fender-bender on William Street Friday morning.