- Reno Philharmonic's Youth Symphony and Chamber Orchestras perform a free concert, 7:30 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. Call 323-6393.
- Carson City Republican Women meet at 11 a.m. for a buffet lunch and meeting at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is James Al Edmundson. Lunch is $12 per person. Call 884-4711.
- Carson City Special Olympics' board, parents and volunteers meet at 7 p.m. at Eagle Valley Children's Home, 2300 Eagle Valley Ranch Road. Call 267-4165, 883-6856.
- Gold Hill Hotel Tuesday night lecture features 'Rambling Around the Ghost Towns of Nevada,' presented by Stan Paher at the Gold Hill Hotel, 7:30 p.m. Cost $5. Call 847-0111.
- Comedians Greg Giraldo and Russ T. Nailz with emcee Howie Nave perform at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe Cabaret. Showtimes 9 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 8 and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 21-and-older. Call (800) 427-7247.
- Speedy Garfin performs at the Carson Valley Inn. Call 782-9111.
- Landscape Forms/Formed Landscapes, a multi-media exhibit by artist Andrea Henkels at WNCC College Gallery, Bristlecone Building.