Sierra Lutheran girls win at Smith Valley
January 20, 2017
The Sierra Lutheran varsity girls basketball team returned home on Wednesday with a 33-25 win at Smith Valley in a game that was highly anticipated due to the Bulldogs' success from past seasons.
The lady Falcons executed a tough offense that kept them neck-and-neck with the Bulldogs. Grace Bonafede and Brynna Hansen were aggressive underneath the basket to help Sierra Lutheran pull down 10 offensive and 12 defensive rebounds.
Bonafede finished with 15 points and seven rebounds and Hansen with seven points and six rebounds.
Smith Valley held a 22-16 lead at the end of three quarters, however, the lady Falcons finished the game with a 17-3 run and expanded their final margin of victory to eight points in the final two minutes.
Trending In: Sports
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA