Douglas Boys tennis falls to Spanish Springs
September 2, 2016
Josh Brown won two singles sets Thursday to lead the Douglas High boys tennis team in a 12-6 Northern 4A conference loss against Spanish Springs in Sparks.
Brown scored 6-2 and 6-4 and absorbed his only loss at the hands of Benjamin Jones, 6-1. Douglas received a win from Dylan Berke, who battled through a bout of illness to defeat Jones 7-6 (7-1 on the tie-breaker).
Freshmen Zach Unger and Mack Porras both went 1-1, as did the doubles team of Bryce Unger and Jake Rouse. Unger and Rouse picked up a 6-3 win and absorbed their loss by a 6-4 score.
The team of Teegan Valenzuela and James Jenks dropped their only set of the day, 7-5.
Trending In: Preps
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix