Falcons move on to playoffs
February 14, 2017
Grace Bonafede had 24 points, 12 rebounds and blocked four shots on Monday night to lead the Sierra Lutheran High girls basketball team to a 46-32 win at Coleville.
Sierra Lutheran (13-1 league, 18-7 overall) ended its regular season with a makeup game that was postponed on Friday due to winter flooding in the area.
The lady Falcons now move on to play in the Northern 1A Region Tournament, starting with a 4:40 p.m. first-round game on Thursday against Wells at Adobe Middle School in Elko. The tournament continues Friday and Saturday at Elko High School, with the two finalists moving on to the state tournament on Feb. 24-25 in Las Vegas.
In addition to Bonafede, Marin Woomer had seven rebounds and Clare Davison contributed nine points and eight steals.
The lady Falcons were also victorious on Saturday at home against Whittell, 40-35, and have won 13 of their last 15 games so far in 2017.
Trending In: Sports
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Valley residents gathering donations for Paradise victims
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA