Douglas sweeps past Hug
April 12, 2018
Eli Hinojosa pitched a four-inning complete game for the Douglas High baseball team in its 16-1 Northern 4A conference win at Hug on Tuesday in Reno.
Douglas (5-5 conference, 7-8 overall) completed a sweep of its two-game series against the Hawks and remained in the thick of a tight playoff picture. Two games separated eight teams between the No. 2 and No. 9 positions after Tuesday's games.
Hinojosa got stronger as the game went on, and during one stretch, the junior left-hander struck out six straight batters.
Douglas broke the game open with six runs in the second inning and four runs in the third.
The Tigers open a series on Thursday at 3:45 p.m. at first-place Reno. The two teams play again at 11 a.m. on Saturday at Tiger Field.
This marks the start of a key stretch for the Tigers, who face Bishop Manogue on Tuesday in Reno and then host the Miners on Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
The top eight regular season finishers will qualify for the region tournament on May 8-12 (the final two days at Peccole Park in Reno).
Trending In: Sports
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA