Carlson, Casaus fall short in quarterfinals
October 20, 2016
Even though Douglas High's Kelsey Carlson and Shelby Casaus came up short on Tuesday, they made things interesting in the Northern 4A Region Tennis Tournament girls doubles quarterfinals in Reno.
Carlson and Casaus, both juniors, lost 6-3, 6-3 against Reno's Jazlynn Parker and Jillian Rovetti in a close match played at Bishop Manogue High. The Douglas team, seeded No. 11 coming into the tournament, won twice to improve its season record to 22-10.
"The girls held their own for most of the match, but just could not get past Jazlynn Parker, who was the clear dominant force on the court," Douglas coach Dan Hannah said.
Parker and Rovetti finished third in the tournament and have lost only three times this season.
This marked the end of a successful season for the Tigers, who finished third with an 8-3 record during the Northern 4A regular season and advanced to the region team tournament. The Tigers reigned as region champions in 2015.
Trending In: Sports
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Valley residents gathering donations for Paradise victims
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA