The R-C Morning Report for Aug. 18
August 18, 2017
The partial eclipse of the sun is Monday morning, and if you picked up glasses from the Library, don't use them. The recall went out on Thursday. Toss them, use them for party favors but don't look at the sun with them. Heck, it might be cloudy that morning anyway.
UNR's balloonists are livestreaming their feed from the actual eclipse at http://eclipse.stream.live/. I think it will be a better show then the one outside.
Firefighters extinguished a single tree fire reported at 11:40 a.m. in the Pine Nuts on Thursday. The fire appears to have been set by a lighting strike. Fortunately, the ignition rates have been down a bit since the rains, so it didn't spread before it was contained.
Recommended Stories For You
Expect sunny skies and a high temperature into the 90s today. The wind will pick up out of the west at 5 mph, shifting to the northeast in the afternoon.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA