Wildlife poster contest winners named
The Nevada Wildlife Federation, in conjunction with the National Wildlife Federation, announced the Nevada Wildlife Poster Contest winners. Students throughout the state competed at the school, county and state levels. This year’s theme was “Keep the Wild Alive.”
Students designed posters on this theme to celebrate National Wildlife Week.
State winners from Douglas County are:
– Senior division (7th-8th grade), Garrett Hostetler, Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School.
– Primary special education division (1st-4th), Rene Macauley, Gardnerville Elementary School.
– Second special education division (5th-8th), Jessica Park, GES.
Douglas County winners were:
– Primary division (1st and 2nd), first, Tiffany Ellis, GES; second, Davis Wankit, Pinon Hills Elementary School; third, Justin Cole, Scarselli Elementary School; fourth, Jennifer Prebezac, Zephyr Cove Elementary School.
– Secondary division (3rd-4th), first, Garrett Vincent, GES; second, Megan Emerson, PHES; third, Kate Greenspan, ZCES; fourth, Brigita Oxoby, Jacks Valley.
– Junior division (5th-6th), first, Spence Thomas, Kingsbury Middle School; second (tie) Ashley Mitchell, SES, and Rachelle Boucher, Minden Elementary; third, Ashlee Stonestreet, GES; fourth, Kyle Luken, PHES.
– Senior division (7th-8th), first, Garrett Hostetler, PWLMS.
– Primary special education division (1st-4th), first, Rene Macauley, GES; second, Steven Alt, ZCES.
– Second special education division (5th-8th), first, Jessica Park, GES; second, Jasmine Herrera, KMS; third, Brian McLaughlin, PWLMS; fourth, Daniel Duarte, MES.