The Dec. 7 R-C Morning Report
The annual Drive-by Food Drive is underway at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden. Donations can be dropped off for the Carson Valley Food Closet through 6 p.m.
A shop fire in Indian Hills was caused when aerosol products were ignited by a space heater on Thursday. East Fork firefighters responded at 6:50 p.m. No one was injured and damage limited to the workshop.
County commissioners approved 33 triplex townhomes as part of the Valley Knolls project in Indian Hills and an extension of the apartments at Crestmore Village in Gardnerville. With all these approvals, maybe someone will build an apartment or two.
I heard from my 94-year-old Pearl Harbor survivor, Charlotte Harding, who was living in Hawaii on Dec. 7, 1941. It has been 77 years since the attack brought the United States into World War II.
Expect mostly sunny skies today with a high temperature of 42 degrees and the wind out of the southwest at 5 mph.
The Morning Report is sponsored by Carson Valley Medical Center. Learn more about them at http://www.cvmchospital.org
Kurt Hildebrand is editor of The Record-Courier. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org