Senior Health Fair welcomes everyone
Everyone is welcome to the second annual Senior Health Fair, not just seniors.
The Douglas County Senior Services Center will hold the second fair on Wednesday, Jan. 24, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Shannon Ballroom at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden.
“The health fair is designed to provide seniors an expanded awareness of health care providers and services in our community and an opportunity to address individual concerns first-hand with health care providers,” said center director Warren Bottino.
Of special note is the senior fashion show that will be held at 1:30 p.m.
– Medical professionals, Washoe Medical Center, Barton Memorial Hospital, Carson-Tahoe Hospital, Dr. Joseph Heflin (House Call Doctors), Dr. Landis (Chiropractic), Advanced Ear Care and Audiology, Sierra Vision, County Health Nurse, Behavioral Health Services and Carson Rehabilitation Center.
– Residential care, River-view Manor, Mason Valley Residence, East Valley Care Centre, Life Care Center, Merrill Gardens and Carson Valley Residential.
– Insurance, United American Insurance, Senior Rx Program and SHIP (State Health Insurance Advisory Program).
– Medical services, Emerald Home Oxygen and Dental Hygiene Association.
– Senior services organizations, Carson Valley Eldercare Coalition/Alzheimer’s Support Group, TRIAD, SNAG (Senior Nevada Advocates on Guard), Division of Aging Services, Family Support Council/Caregivers Support Group, Carson Valley AARP #3683, Crisis Call Center, Rural Housing Authority and Douglas County Senior Services Center.
– Recreational services, Douglas County Public Library, Douglas County Recreation Division, Douglas County Swim Center and Custom Fit.
– Miscellaneous, Ron Bankofier/Edward Jones Investments, Lora Myles/Attorney at Law, Mary Kay Cosmetics and Eastside Memorial park.
Services offered at the health fair include a chemistry panel, $20, fasting required eight to 10 hours prior to having the test; hemogram test, $5; thyroid stimulating hormone test, $15; prostate specific antigen (PSA), $35; chiropractic surface EMG (checks posture and spinal wellness; blood pressure checks; flu shots; OTO video scope (peers into ear canal); and respiratory spot checking.