John Richard Burgman
July 24, 2017
1928 ~ 2017
John Richard Burgman of Gardnerville, passed away peacefully on July 21, 2017 at age 88.
John was born in Steamboat Springs, Colorado in 1928 and moved in early childhood to Salinas, California.
After graduating from high school, he served in the military for several years prior to attending UCLA, where he obtained a degree in mechanical engineering.
Following college, John started his long, successful career in construction in southern California, subsequently moving to the Lake Tahoe – Carson Valley area where, as an established general contractor, he built many homes and commercial buildings.
John was preceded in death by his son Craig Burgman; and his brothers Charles and William Burgman.
John is survived by his wife Jan Burgman of Gardnerville; daughter Laurie (Chris) Olsziewski of Denver, Colorado; daughter Karie (Greg) White of Reno; step-son Dave Goodwin (Jill) of Minden; 8 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life will be held with extended family in Colorado in mid-August.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Valley residents gathering donations for Paradise victims
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA