Warrant issued for man arrested in Carson DUI incident | RecordCourier.com

Warrant issued for man arrested in Carson DUI incident

Staff Reports

A $5,000 bench warrant was issued Wednesday for Arthur R. Porter, 22, charged in Douglas County with three misdemeanors in connection with July incident when he reportedly crashed into a vehicle on Highway 395 and led deputies on a chase through an alfalfa field before he was captured.

Porter’s lawyer, Tod Young, said his client was in custody in Carson City where he was arrested Monday after a traffic stop by a state game warden for an unrelated but similar offense.

Porter is charged in Douglas County with obstructing a public officer, hit and run from an attended vehicle and driving while his license was suspended.

He was on probation with Sparks Alternative Sentencing when the Douglas County incident occurred July 11 at Highway 395 south of Airport Road.

Porter, driving an Escalade, was following a driver in a Mercedes sports utility vehicle. The Escalade reportedly ran into the Mercedes and the two vehicles flipped over.

Porter fled the scene and deputies chased him for 15 minutes before he was captured.

He was released from Douglas County Jail pending charges.

He was jailed Monday in Carson City on suspicion of felony drunk driving, misdemeanor reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, breach of peace and two counts of obstructing with violence.

According to the arrest report, Nevada Department of Wildlife Game Warden Ron Breaux was southbound through Washoe Valley when he observed a Yukon, driven by Porter, failing to maintain a single lane, nearly striking another vehicle and driving in excess of 90 mph in a 70 mph zone.

Once in Carson City near Nye Lane, Breaux activated the overhead lights on his state vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. According to Nevada law, Nevada game wardens are commissioned peace officers with the power to enforce all laws of the state. Breaux formerly worked for the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office.

Porter allegedly got out of the vehicle and refused to hand over his license and registration.

According to the report, he then took off running, with Breaux in pursuit. During the chase, the warden sprayed Porter with pepper spray, but after a short struggle Porter was able to climb a fence and disappear into a lumber yard.

When deputies arrived on scene, they joined in the foot pursuit, tasering Porter who was allegedly fighting with them.

Porter’s bail is set at $10,000 in Carson City.