Tire popper plaguing South Lake
December 8, 2016
The South Lake Tahoe Police Department has received numerous reports of vandalism in the South Lake Tahoe area. SLTPD has received multiple reports of an unknown suspect placing small pieces of metal, known as "Caltrops or Ninja Jacks" on the roadways of the city.
These devices are used to damage a tire. The exact area where the devices are being placed is unknown, but these incidents are occurring in the incorporated and unincorporated areas of South Lake Tahoe.
Anyone who has had this type of tire damage is asked to contact SLTPD as soon as possible before touching it, in order to preserve any evidence.
Additional, anyone having information about this case is encouraged to call the South Lake Tahoe Police Department at 530-542-6100. To remain anonymous contact Lake Tahoe Secret Witness at 530-541-6800. Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA