Three fires plague Topaz Ranch Estates
Fires at two Topaz Ranch Estates homes kept firefighters busy through the night.
The first fire took place at 8:45 p.m. in a two-story home located at 1200 Slate Road in Topaz Ranch Estates. The home is owned by Phil and April Slobogin, who were at a Halloween party with their three children when the fire started.
East Fork Fire Capt. Terry Taylor said the Slobogins were in costume when they returned home to find it on fire.
Firefighters extinguished the first fire leaving the home with some damage, but still standing. They cleared the scene at midnight, only to be called back out at 2:30 a.m. when sparks from the electrical service set a new fire.
Taylor said whatever was left from the first fire was destroyed in the second. The entire rear of the home was gone this morning.
The family is staying with neighbors. Fire units from Minden, the Gardnerville Ranchos Topaz Ranch Estates and Ruhenstroth responded to the fire.
Firefighters are now at the scene of a second fire on Grey Hills Road. That fire was called out at 7:05 a.m. It burned a garage.