The R-C Morning Report for Sept. 28
September 28, 2016
Genoa, Nev. — It will be 13 for dinner next week when Douglas County commissioners review and appoint five members of the East Fork Fire Board. One, Steve Mihelic, is a shoe-in for District 5.
Ron Haskins, Eric Bero and Kenneth Garber are the finalists for District 1. Bill Driscoll, Mark Neddenriep and Barbara Griffin are up for District 2. Doug Johnson, William Jokey and Bernie Curtis are up for District 3. Gary Sozzi, Jacques Etchegoyhen and Guy LeFever are up for District 4. Commissioners will meet 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Douglas High School's homecoming celebration is in Minden Park 5-7 p.m. today. The hall of fame members will be introduced at a ceremony at 6 p.m.
With no precipitation in the forecast until Sunday, it looks like we will wrap up September with a trace amount of moisture falling in Minden. By my reckoning that makes it Minden's second driest last third of the water year since records started being kept in 1906.
The forecast calls for sunny skies and a high temperature of 87 degrees. Expect the wind to be out of the southwest at 5 mph.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA