The March 27 R-C Morning Report
March 27, 2018
Genoa, Nev. — It's cold-feet day for candidates. Today is the last day candidates can withdraw and have their names removed from the ballot. I don't think they'll refund your filing fee, though.
Best scam story so far this month goes to Capt. Dan Britton, who during his budget presentation told commissioners he got a call from a Capt. Britton of the sheriff's office, who said he'd better get some gift cards or he'd come to arrest him. I envision the other Capt. Britton with a Star Trekian goatee.
County budget hearings continue 9 a.m. today starting out with the road department and wrapping up with Community Development. Monday's session ran through most of the day, so expect the same today. Commissioners meet at the historic Douglas County Courthouse, 1616 Eighth St.
Recommended Stories For You
Expect sunny skies today with the high hitting 55 degrees or better. Wind will be out of the east at 5 mph. At this rate, spring will be back in no time.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA