The Feb. 22 R-C Morning Report
February 22, 2018
Genoa, Nev. — Radar shows the mass of the incoming snowstorm is still north of Reno as of 6 a.m. A winter-weather advisory is in effect for the Sierra and a big chunk of Western Nevada. Forecasters say we could see snow up until 10 a.m., so if you've got a commute best get on with it.
So far there are no road controls in Douglas County. There is a high wind watch on 395 and 580 in Washoe and Pleasant Valleys, but that's hardly new.
The forecast calls for snow from 7 to 10 a.m. then snow showers. Expect the high to hit 35 degrees, with the wind out of the west at 15 mph, gusting to 25 mph. The weather service is calling for 1-3 inches of snow, but is not responsible for actual snow.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA