Suspect held on LA warrant for terrorist threat
A 45-year-old California man is being held in Douglas County Jail on a fugitive warrant from Los Angeles, accused of making a terrorist threat, a felony.
Michael Anthony Bryant of Redondo Beach was arrested Thursday on Glenwood Drive in the Gardnerville Ranchos after he reportedly took a motor home for a test drive and was late in returning the vehicle.
Deputies investigating the report discovered the warrant while checking Bryant’s identity. Details of the alleged threat were unknown.
Bryant remained in Douglas County Jail where he is being held without bail.
He appeared Friday in East Fork Justice Court before Judge Pro Tem Paul Gilbert and said he would consult his attorney before he decides whether to waive extradition.
He reportedly told the arresting officer he had been in and out of hospitals the past few weeks after being beaten and having his identity stolen inside a Las Vegas casino.
The owner of the 2006 motor home said Bryant took the vehicle for a test drive and did not return. Animal Control advised dispatch the vehicle was in the shelter parking lot, but left.
The owner of the motor home and a friend found Bryant with the motor home at the 7-Eleven store on Highway 395 and Riverview Drive. They dismissed the incident as a misunderstanding.