Snow forecast for Valley floor Thursday
January 11, 2017
A winter weather advisory has been issued for Carson Valley starting 4 a.m. Thursday and lasting through 10 p.m.
According to National Weather Service forecasters, snow will start in the Valley early Thursday morning and continue through early Friday morning.
Forecasters said the focus of the storm will be south of Highway 50, with the possibility of 2-5 inches of snow, and up to 8 inches for places above 5,000 feet in elevation.
Snow levels are expected to lower to all Valley floors, according to the weather statement, with hazardous conditions predicted for highways 395 and 50.
"Even light snowfall causes major travel delays, especially during periods of high-traffic volume," forecasters said. "Be sure to allow extra time to reach your destination. Leave extra space between vehicles since it takes longer to stop on slick roadways."
Trending In: Local
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Vacation rentals draw divided response
- Douglas Marines observe service’s birthday