Smoking motor prompts long recess for Minden Elementary students
November 3, 2016
Minden Elementary students got a little extra time outdoors on Wednesday morning after a smoking HVAC unit sent smoke through the school.
Firefighters responded to a report of smoke at the school at 10:10 a.m. Students were evacuated.
By 10:30 a.m., firefighters traced the smoke to a heating and air conditioning unit and the students enjoyed recess while smoke was cleared from the building.
Superintendent Teri White, who responded to the incident, said a motor burned out in the unit.
■ Firefighters responded to a vehicle down an embankment at Highway 88 and Diamond Valley Road 8:05 a.m. Wednesday.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a Sienna rolled 30 feet down an embankment.
Recommended Stories For You
The driver was transported to Renown Regional Medical Center for treatment.
■ A motorhome caught fire and burned while its owner was eating in Sharkey's on Saturday.
The 1978 vehicle was a total loss, according to firefighters.
Witnesses reported smoke coming from the motor home at about 1:10 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl