Smoke prompts evacuation of Starbucks, Round Table
August 17, 2015
A report of smoke in the Gardnerville Starbucks at 8:15 p.m. Monday prompted evacuation of the building that houses it and the Round Table Pizza.
East Fork firefighters responding to the report found an overheating motor in one of the three new air conditioning units on the roof, Battalion Chief Scott Fraser said.
Power and gas to the air conditioners was secured, and a fan was used to remove the smoke from the store. Other than the motor there was no damage to Starbucks or Round Table, and both businesses reopened on Tuesday.