Record $138.48 million bet on Sunday’s Super Bowl
February 6, 2017
The New England Patriots 34-28 overtime Super Bowl win over the Atlanta Falcons won Nevada sports books $10.9 million on Sunday.
Sports fans bet a record $138.48 million on the Super Bowl, according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
"Unaudited figures show a sports book win of $10.93 million was recorded on wagers totaling $138,480," Nevada Gaming Control Board Chairman A.G. Burnett said.
The total win percentage was 7.9 percent.
Sunday's win was the third highest in a decade. Seattle's 2014 drubbing of Denver resulted in the biggest win of $19.67 million, followed by the 2016 defeat of Carolina by Denver with $13.3 million.
This year marked a decade since the last time the sports books lost money on a Super Bowl, when the New York Giants defeated New England in 2008, costing the books $2.5 million.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA