Practice makes perfect: East Fork Fire and senior living community practice to prepare
October 26, 2017
Carson Valley Senior Living and East Fork Fire District firefighters in Gardnerville teamed up on Oct. 12 to conduct an unplanned evacuation drill at the 63-person retirement community.
Under the watch of Fire Capts. Terry Taylor and Jeff James and Engineer Nick Summers, the senior leiving team safely evacuated residents in four minutes – a full 30 seconds faster than required.
The monthly drills are part the organization's safety policy requirements and state regulation. In addition to monthly team meetings and unplanned drills, the fire department coordinates yearly inspections and discusses best practices in emergency preparedness with leaders and team members.
Carson Valley Senior Living, a Mission Senior Living community located at 1189 Kimmerling Road, Gardnerville, offers assisted living and memory care services in a loving, resident-centered environment. A team of professionals provides enrichment programming and events for residents and their families. Through the Ageless Dreams program, residents share their lifelong dream and team members work together to make that dream a reality.
For information, call 775-265-1400 or visit http://www.carsonvalleyseniorliving.net
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA