Ponds sought for tour
April 18, 2017
The Northern Nevada Pond Club is gearing up for its annual pond tour July 15.
The club is in search of ponds and water features throughout the area that can be stops on the tour.
This year the tour will begin in Washoe and continue south through Carson City to Gardnerville.
"It's really a social event," said club member Sharon Dunk. "I don't think I've ever met someone who has a pond and fish who doesn't like to talk about it or share it with others."
Previous events have attracted more than 100 people, including both amateur and advanced pond enthusiasts.
Dunk said the Pond Club was started by pond and fish enthusiasts.
Recommended Stories For You
"It's a fun club, there's about 40 plus members and we meet once a month," she said.
The club meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of the month.
Each month the meeting is held at a different member's home to explore their water feature or pond.
For more information or to be a part of the tour contact Dunk at 267-0336 or Bev Fricke at 265-7765.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA