Outage affects 1,500 Tahoe residents
September 16, 2016
More than 1,500 Douglas County power company customers are without electricity.
Power is estimated to be restored at 11 a.m. today, according to NV Energy.
Most of the reported outage is centered around Glenbrook, with nearly 1,200 customers affected there.
Another 300 customers in Stateline are affected.
The power company says the outage was the result of equipment failure.
This is the second major outage in the area in a week.
Recommended Stories For You
On Saturday, more than 1,512 residents were affected during the evening.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA