One flown for treatment from Highway 88 wreck
November 28, 2016
A Sparks man received cuts and bruises after he had to be cut from his van during a wreck on Monday afternoon.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, Jose Perez, 20, was southbound in a white Ford van when he apparently failed to see a Honda Accord slowing for another vehicle making a left-hand turn into the businesses there.
The van collided with the back of the Accord, driven by Temeculah, Calif., resident Eileen Sanchez, sending her vehicle spinning into the northbound shoulder, according to Trooper Duncan Dauber.
The van then careened into the path of a northbound Saturn Ion driven by Brandon Craft of Victorville.
The Ion was knocked back.
Initial reports that Perez had been ejected from the van were incorrect.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA