Minden bomb squad call false alarm
June 4, 2017
An unexpected package delivery brought the Tahoe Douglas Bomb Squad to Minden on Friday evening.
"It was a package that was supposed to be delivered to dispatch," Sheriff's Capt. Dan Britton said. "No one was expecting it and the label was on the bottom, it was a false alarm."
Esmeralda Avenue near the Douglas County Courthouse was shut down at around 7 p.m. while the bomb squad determined the package was benign.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response