Marine veteran sworn in as new deputy
June 13, 2017
A Marine Corps veteran joined the ranks of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office when he was sworn in on Monday.
Deputy Spencer McLaughlin served with the Marines for five years as a military police officer in Japan and at Camp Pendleton near Oceanside, Calif.
The Douglas County and Smith Valley native holds an associate's degree in liberal arts from Feather River College in Quincy, Calif., where he played football.
He joined the Marine Corps in 2012, where he served on the base Special Weapons and Tactics Team in Japan. He attended the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office SWAT academy while in the service.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response