Local to earn rank of Eagle Scout
May 13, 2017
An Eagle Scout court of honor ceremony will be held for Adolfas V. Stankus at 4 p.m. Saturday, May 20, at the Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane in Gardnerville.
The scout is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Stankus. He will be formally awarded the rank of Eagle Scout at the ceremony.
Stankus is a member of Boy Scout Troop 495 of the Pinenut District, chartered by the Kiwanis Club of Carson Valley.
To earn the rank of Eagle, a scout must earn at least 21 merit badges and demonstrate leadership and community service by organizing and carrying out an Eagle project.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA