Emergency crews staying busy
Alpine County volunteers extinguished a chimney fire around lunchtime Tuesday east of Markleeville.
The home is located on Timber Lane west of Markleeville. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze and clear the scene by 1 p.m.
Tuesday saw a minor collision at Johnson Lane and Fremont around 1 p.m. Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but one of the drivers reportedly left the scene.
Another collision occurred on Kingsbury Grade right around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
East Fork firefighters responded to several complaints about controlled burning over the weekend. Battalion Chief Scott Fraser said they issued a stop order on Sunday for someone using a burn barrel in the Johnson Lane late Sunday.
Firefighters responded to a broken gas line at a home under construction above Genoa on March 27. The leak was quickly clamped.
A Jacks Valley home located in the 3300 block of Vista Grande was rendered uninhabitable by a March 23 kitchen fire.
East Fork firefighters responded to the 10:14 a.m. call to find smoke showing and that the fire had burned through the roof
Four engines, including one from Carson City, and three ambulances responded to the blaze.
Fraser said the fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes.
Two residents of the home had to seek temporary housing because the home had a hole in the roof.
Fraser said no one was injured in the blaze.
“East Fork would like to take a moment to remind everyone to take extra precautions when cooking with oil or other flammable liquids,” Fraser said. “And especially given the current worldwide virus situation practice social distancing, wash your hands and help take care of your family and neighbors.”