Kellenbergers celebrate 50th anniversary
August 18, 2018
Gardnerville residents Rick and Lil Kellenberger celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at Lake Tahoe on Friday.
Rick said he met Lil through his sister while he was in the U.S. Air Force.
"I came home from overseas in Europe with the Air Force after three years and my sister wrote me and said 'I have someone I want you to meet.'"
After two weeks at home Rick gave Lil an engagement ring before returning to finish out his term.
"I got out of the service on Aug. 10 and we got married on Aug. 17," he said.
The couple's sons helped celebrate their anniversary.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response
- Douglas Marines observe service’s birthday