Home fire extinguished | RecordCourier.com

Home fire extinguished

Staff Reports

Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 900 block of Centerville Lane at 12:15 p.m. Saturday.

East Fork Fire District Deputy Chief Dave Fogerson said the fire was limited to the wall near the chimney.

Firefighters opened the wall next to the chimney, but couldn't find any place the fire had extended.

One lane of Centerville was open with Douglas County deputies providing traffic control.

NV Energy was called to the scene to check on electrical lines affected by the fire. Firefighters had the fire extinguished by 1 p.m.

Fogerson said the home was habitable. Units from Minden, Gardnerville and the Gardnerville Ranchos responded to the fire.

Recommended Stories For You

According to the Douglas County Assessor's Office, the 1,289-square-foot home was built in 1923.