Grant funding available to volunteer fire departments
April 10, 2017
The Nevada Division of Forestry is seeking applications for the Volunteer Fire Assistance grant program. Approximately $200,000 from the U.S. Forest Service's State and Private Forestry program will be available for rural (local and volunteer) fire departments statewide. The purpose of this funding is to improve rural fire departments' readiness for and response to wildfires, particularly those in the wildland urban interface.
Funds must be used to purchase wildland fire personal protective equipment, new generation fire shelters, P25-compliant radios, and other supplies such as fire hoses. The Division is also requesting a prioritized list of each Department's wildland fire training and wildland apparatus needs/requests for future funding opportunities.
Applications must be submitted on the application form that has been mailed directly to individual fire departments or found on the Nevada Division of Forestry website at http://forestry.nv.gov/grants/.
Applications must be received by the Nevada Division of Forestry no later than 5 p.m. June 1. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. For more information contact Ryan S. Shane at 775-684-2511.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA