Good Governance Group discusses redevelopment
November 28, 2016
The Good Governance Group of Douglas County, a nonpartisan discussion group, has put together a special event for its meeting on Tuesday, noon to 1 p.m. at 88 Cups in Minden. The meeting will be on the topic: "Redevelopment — a good idea for our valley?" and speakers will include County Manager Larry Werner, County Assessor Doug Sonnemann, County Commissioner Barry Penzel, County Commissioner-elect Dave Nelson and County Commissioner-elect Larry Walsh. All interested residents are invited to participate. For more information contact Ginger Starrett, 790-1244.
Republican Women host Dynamics
Douglas County Republican Women's December meeting will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Under the direction of Conductor teacher Christine Blahnik, the Douglas High School singers "The Dynamics" will entertain us with Christmas songs. Doors open at 11 a.m. Come early to view our boutique and/or purchase raffle tickets for gifts and a fifty-fifty drawing. Buffet lunch begins at 11:45 am. Cost is $20. Reservations are required. Pay at the door – cash or check accepted. Contact Debbie by Dec. 2 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 265-1753.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA