Gas leak prompts firefighter response
April 28, 2018
East Fork firefighters responded to a gas leak in Johnson Lane on Friday night.
The leak was reported at 6 p.m. when a Mackay Way homeowner digging post holes hit a half-inch gas line in the Johnson Lane area.
East Fork Capt. David Bourne said firefighters were able to clamp the line and stop the flow of gas.
Southwest Gas personnel responded to fix the broken hose.
Seven East Fork firefighters responded to the incident.
"East Fork Fire Protection District would like to remind everyone that if you smell gas, leave the area immediately and call 911," Bourne said.
Recommended Stories For You
No one was injured in the incident.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response