Fire crews respond to Indian Hills blaze | RecordCourier.com

Fire crews respond to Indian Hills blaze

by Sharlene Irete

A fire in an Indian Hills home was started when a man’s hair ignited the foam used as insulation under the doublewide mobile home.

Charles M. Voigt Jr. was thawing frozen pipes with a propane torch when he singed his hair. When he came out from under the trailer home, the insulation ignited and started the fire about 2 p.m. Monday.

The home was unoccupied at the time and there were no injuries. Firefighters were still on the scene at 4 p.m. at 3473 Tourmaline Drive making sure the fire was completely out.

Capt. Terry Taylor of East Fork Fire & Paramedic Districts said this fire illustrates a fire safety message.

“Using a propane torch to thaw pipes is very dangerous,” Taylor said.

There are more chances for frozen pipes tonight. There were 2.5 inches of snow recorded in Minden over the weekend, the low temperature Monday morning was minus 7 with another cold one expected ” the low Tuesday morning is predicted at 1 degree.