Douglas officers raising money Thursday for Special Olympics
April 24, 2017
Douglas County Sheriff's deputies and Special Olympics will conduct a Tip-a-Cop fundraiser 4-8 p.m. Thursday at the Topsy Chili's.
The restaurant will donate a fifth of its sales during that time to the Special Olympics Give Back Event for each patron presenting a flier.
The restaurant is located at 3784 Highway 395.
Donations for Special Olympics are also accepted at the Special Olympics Nevada website, http://www.sonv.org.
Last month's Polar Plunge at Zephyr Cove Resorts raised $149,900 for Special Olympics Nevada with the help of 415 participants.
Special Olympics Nevada is supported entirely by events like the Polar Plunge, local business and individual gifts, and receives minimal state or federal funding.
Recommended Stories For You
The program provides sports training and competition opportunities to children and adults with disabilities.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA