CHP identifies victims in Highway 395 fatalities
December 21, 2017
Two Washoe County residents were the victims of a Dec. 13 head-on collision south of the Bodie turnoff on Highway 395.
Peter Jack Myers, 67, and Lan Fang Qin, 46, were identified on Tuesday as the two people killed on a curve near Dog Town.
The collision occurred at 4:30 p.m. when a Dodge 2500 pickup driven by Sacramento resident Connor Poggetto crossed the center line and into the path of the Mazda 2 sedan Myers and Quin were driving south.
Poggetto was transported to Renown Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.
The California Highway Patrol had to contact the Qin's embassy to notify her next of kin.
According to the Washoe County Assessor's Office, Myers owns a home at Incline Village.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Operation Christmas Child collecting in Minden
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA