Carson Valley Sertoma focuses on helping those with hearing needs
February 19, 2017
Sertoma offers a hearing loss prevention educational series called "SAFEEars!" and runs a hearing aid donation and distribution program.
Worldwide, Sertoma's mission is to improve the quality of life today for those at risk or impacted by hearing loss through education and support.
Nevada is one of only three states that does not have a mandated speech and hearing program and only 10 percent of Nevada's children with hearing deficits and their parents learn sign language.
Information on Sertoma is available at http://www.sertoma.org.
For more information about Carson Valley Sertoma's events, meetings, programs, and community activities, contact the Carson Valley Sertoma Club at http://www.carsonvalleysertoma.org.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Search continues for 16-year-old Mono County girl
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Vacation rentals draw divided response